Simpatico: Getting Ready for Valentine's Day

Simpatico

Just the life and times of a silly girl, her dachshunds and all things Southern!

Getting Ready for Valentine's Day

I have been working feverishly on Valentine decorations as my previous decorations for Winter, Valentine's Day, Mardi Gras and Easter have all been destroyed... don't ask, it is still pretty traumatic.

Sunday I finished this monster which will be displayed over my piano... I still have to fashion something for my front door -_- and am trying to not use hot glue as yesterday also added trauma to my life with 4 of my 10 fingers being quite well burned. What can I say, me and the glue gun are not best of friends.

The idea came from here. My heart wreath is made of 400 2.5" diameter felt circles and hot glued onto foam-core (something I seem to have lots of). I purchased 3/4 yard of felt from JoAnns for this craft. I watched Star Wars 1-6 in order while I worked on this project. Not saying it took 12+ hours, just that I had pretty good entertainment.

I will show pictures of everything when I am finished and have them displayed, which I am planning the weekend of 1/28.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome!

Grab a seat on the porch, drink some sweet ice tea, and stay a while!

Simpatico Is Defined as:

agreeable, likable, being on the same wavelength, congenial, sympathetic, of like mind or temperament, compatible.

Pages

Follow Me on Pinterest

Subscribe

Add to Google

ShareThis

Check This Out!

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Labels

dachshunds (476) newby (256) milo (226) dixie (219) farm life (110) family (82) menu (75) winter (44) blogville (36) fall (35) lily (25) crafts (22) funny (22) recyclable crafts (20) music (19) dachshund (18) dessert (18) garden (15) celebrations (13) spring (13) Holiday (11) reed (11) vacation (11) blog (10) summer (10) breakfast (9) weekend (9) gotcha (8) soup (8) valentines (8) budget (7) encouragement (7) muffin (7) playlist (7) slow cooker (7) back to school (6) christmas (6) printables (6) puddles (6) award (5) birthday (5) farm (5) frankie (5) free (5) friends (5) olympics (5) sandwiches (5) self (5) Saint Patrick's Day (4) backyard (4) cats (4) decor (4) easter (3) favorite things (3) food (3) party (3) salad (3) sewing (3) snacks (3) GPOM (2) appetizer (2) dog treat (2) facebook (2) graduation (2) movies (2) offline (2) pedigree (2) picnic (2) shopping (2) snow (2) throwback thursday (2) ASPCA (1) Amazon (1) April (1) Jamaica (1) SOPA (1) WVU (1) art (1) books (1) canning (1) changes (1) cold (1) computer (1) corgi (1) death (1) diy (1) dog food (1) dogsrule (1) doxieswithmoxie (1) elizabeth taylor (1) event (1) farm life. winter (1) farmhouse (1) football (1) front yard (1) game (1) gifts (1) golf (1) health (1) internet (1) jasper (1) jewelry (1) lilypadquiliting (1) mail (1) marinades (1) me (1) news (1) orange (1) pantry (1) peaches (1) pet ownership (1) petfinder (1) pip (1) pop culture (1) pupsetc.com (1) rain days (1) random (1) sadness (1) shelle (1) tax season (1) travel duck (1) vet (1) voting (1) weekly menu (1) won (1) work (1) working from home (1)