Simpatico: My Holiday House: Valentine's Day (Part II)

Simpatico

Just the life and times of a silly girl, her dachshunds and all things Southern!

My Holiday House: Valentine's Day (Part II)

Here are a few more things from around my house for Valentine's Day!

This is my piano-scape. It is pretty simple, but I really enjoy it. The wreath is simply some felt roses on foam-board tied up with a tulle ribbon. It was time consuming making the felt roses, but it is just gorgeous.

Some candles, a bit of "Love" artwork and a pretty bird house (I don't know why I have this bird theme going this year) completes the look for the piano!



I forgot to make a post about my wonderful Goodwill find in my mirror. I had been looking for something to put above that gargantuan tv and was not successful. The problem is having busy art takes away from the pleasure of tv viewing, and I could find nothing I like short of just plain color panels.

Then I happened upon this beauty. She is the same width as my LCD tv and just needed some love. A bit of wood filler, some sanding, spray painting and new hardware and I took this $6.50 thrift store find into something GORGEOUS!

The decor for the mirror are simple "L-O-V-E" letters printed on cardstock and tied up with pretty ribbon and two 't-shirt' pom-poms. I adore the look!!


My TV, being the star of that room, always gets a wee bit of decor, but nothing to take away from tv watching. I made conversation heart topiaries for either side of the tv, and planted them in little clay pots painted red. In front of each I have little chalkboards with "Love You" and "Be Mine" painted on them by my son.

The topiaries are adorable, but you will be surprised how many of those hearts and how much hot glue it will take to create them!

I made hearts from two pink pipe cleaners twisted together to give it some heft. The add just enough pink without making me crazy!!

The little signs are cute, too, aren't they? I added some pearl seeds to the hearts he painted to make them pop just a bit more.

Oh, in the corner you can see another great Goodwill find! I got these two large wooded candlesticks for $2.50 for the pair. I ADORE them. They were already painted white, so I just antiqued them with some sanding and a light coat of acryllic paint in some of the more worn areas. :)


This is a close up of the greenery in the front of the TV. Its the same greenery I used for winter, just adding in some heart picks I found at the Dollar Tree and a pretty bow of tulle!

I think it is just lovely!

**Sorry about the drawer being open. That is where the digital converter box is... it seems to always be open!**


Finally we have my front door! I LOVE my heart. This is scrapbook paper woven and modge-podged to a foamcore board. Around the outside I have little felt roses and to make it even grander I have the outside completely circled in tulle. It makes a statement... Even the lovely mail-lady rang my bell today to tell me how pretty it was! :D

**Now that I look at the picture I see a couple areas that are not as full with tulle. Sigh! I need to shut the door and not think about it, right? Not take it down and fix it.. -sigh-**

Here is a close up of the weave. This was SO time consuming. I watched several movies while cutting and weaving these bits. Oh, I probably will not do it EVER again, but it was a nice addition to this year's pretty decoration. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome!

Grab a seat on the porch, drink some sweet ice tea, and stay a while!

Simpatico Is Defined as:

agreeable, likable, being on the same wavelength, congenial, sympathetic, of like mind or temperament, compatible.

Pages

Follow Me on Pinterest

Subscribe

Add to Google

ShareThis

Check This Out!

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Labels

dachshunds (476) newby (256) milo (226) dixie (219) farm life (110) family (82) menu (75) winter (44) blogville (36) fall (35) lily (25) crafts (22) funny (22) recyclable crafts (20) music (19) dachshund (18) dessert (18) garden (15) celebrations (13) spring (13) Holiday (11) reed (11) vacation (11) blog (10) summer (10) breakfast (9) weekend (9) gotcha (8) soup (8) valentines (8) budget (7) encouragement (7) muffin (7) playlist (7) slow cooker (7) back to school (6) christmas (6) printables (6) puddles (6) award (5) birthday (5) farm (5) frankie (5) free (5) friends (5) olympics (5) sandwiches (5) self (5) Saint Patrick's Day (4) backyard (4) cats (4) decor (4) easter (3) favorite things (3) food (3) party (3) salad (3) sewing (3) snacks (3) GPOM (2) appetizer (2) dog treat (2) facebook (2) graduation (2) movies (2) offline (2) pedigree (2) picnic (2) shopping (2) snow (2) throwback thursday (2) ASPCA (1) Amazon (1) April (1) Jamaica (1) SOPA (1) WVU (1) art (1) books (1) canning (1) changes (1) cold (1) computer (1) corgi (1) death (1) diy (1) dog food (1) dogsrule (1) doxieswithmoxie (1) elizabeth taylor (1) event (1) farm life. winter (1) farmhouse (1) football (1) front yard (1) game (1) gifts (1) golf (1) health (1) internet (1) jasper (1) jewelry (1) lilypadquiliting (1) mail (1) marinades (1) me (1) news (1) orange (1) pantry (1) peaches (1) pet ownership (1) petfinder (1) pip (1) pop culture (1) pupsetc.com (1) rain days (1) random (1) sadness (1) shelle (1) tax season (1) travel duck (1) vet (1) voting (1) weekly menu (1) won (1) work (1) working from home (1)