Simpatico: Golf Room, Part I

Simpatico

Just the life and times of a silly girl, her dachshunds and all things Southern!

Golf Room, Part I

I had this little room, it was the 3rd bedroom which never got any love from me. I piled it full of junk and closed the door whenever people would come over. It made me crazy walking past it everyday, but had no clue as to what direction to take it in.

Then Reed gave me the inspiration... Golf!

After he gave the inspiration then things just started falling into my hands!

It is such a small room so it was impossible to fit even a full size bed in without it taking the total floor space. So, I began hunting for a twin bed I could love! Goodwill seems to be my answer for just about anything. I found a solid maple twin bed, including the rails, for $9.50. Yes, at that price it needed lots and lots and lots of love, but look at it now!!

I wood putted the heck out of it, sanded and sanded, then painted it a lovely "Boston Tudor Brown". It looks just like hot chocolate.

I knew I wanted to go with a traditional 'golf' color scheme.. solid paired with a plaid. I loved the navy against the chocolate, but am not a blue fan. But the more I looked around, the navy became the only color I was happy with. So I purchased a navy coverlet and paired it with gold color sheets.

Then came the plaid contrast fabric. I found it at Joann's on sale, then had a coupon, the girl also added a coupon, and I walked out with 8 yard of fabric for $13. :) Yeah, that made me happy. It is a beige background with blue, moss green, rusty red, and gold small plaid. It is perfect as it brings in the colors from the other rooms!

I just noticed I didn't had not taken a picture of the valance nor of the bed skirt. Here is the valance. It is rather plain, but I am eventually going to spruce it up. I kinda ran outta money for decorating. :) The bed skirt is similar. I wanted it this way. I wanted to keep this room rather linear as my golf play is more hooks than anything!

Then came the best part!! All those hats we have collected over the years... The ones which should have gone to Goodwill eons ago, were made into the most perfect edition to any room!

Behold the golf hat pillow! I simply found hats which fit into my color scheme, cut off the front part of the logo of several hats... Most had been given to us through several charity events or thru being a member of the PGA.

It was tricky and time consuming, but at the end of the day, when I stuffed it with the feather pillow insert I was totally pleased with the morning that I was cursing my sewing skills and machine!

This is Milo and Dixie's bed. :) Yep, if you look below that horrible looking comforter they insist on rolling up in each night, you will find a nice crib mattress covered with navy fabric with the contrasting fabric and piping to match the rest of the room! :)

Now if I can talk them out of that pillow and comforter. -sigh- That will be an impossibility, as they are the most stubborn of dogs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome!

Grab a seat on the porch, drink some sweet ice tea, and stay a while!

Simpatico Is Defined as:

agreeable, likable, being on the same wavelength, congenial, sympathetic, of like mind or temperament, compatible.

Pages

Follow Me on Pinterest

Subscribe

Add to Google

ShareThis

Check This Out!

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

dachshunds (476) newby (256) milo (226) dixie (219) farm life (110) family (82) menu (75) winter (44) blogville (36) fall (35) lily (25) crafts (22) funny (22) recyclable crafts (20) music (19) dachshund (18) dessert (18) garden (15) celebrations (13) spring (13) Holiday (11) reed (11) vacation (11) blog (10) summer (10) breakfast (9) weekend (9) gotcha (8) soup (8) valentines (8) budget (7) encouragement (7) muffin (7) playlist (7) slow cooker (7) back to school (6) christmas (6) printables (6) puddles (6) award (5) birthday (5) farm (5) frankie (5) free (5) friends (5) olympics (5) sandwiches (5) self (5) Saint Patrick's Day (4) backyard (4) cats (4) decor (4) easter (3) favorite things (3) food (3) party (3) salad (3) sewing (3) snacks (3) GPOM (2) appetizer (2) dog treat (2) facebook (2) graduation (2) movies (2) offline (2) pedigree (2) picnic (2) shopping (2) snow (2) throwback thursday (2) ASPCA (1) Amazon (1) April (1) Jamaica (1) SOPA (1) WVU (1) art (1) books (1) canning (1) changes (1) cold (1) computer (1) corgi (1) death (1) diy (1) dog food (1) dogsrule (1) doxieswithmoxie (1) elizabeth taylor (1) event (1) farm life. winter (1) farmhouse (1) football (1) front yard (1) game (1) gifts (1) golf (1) health (1) internet (1) jasper (1) jewelry (1) lilypadquiliting (1) mail (1) marinades (1) me (1) news (1) orange (1) pantry (1) peaches (1) pet ownership (1) petfinder (1) pip (1) pop culture (1) pupsetc.com (1) rain days (1) random (1) sadness (1) shelle (1) tax season (1) travel duck (1) vet (1) voting (1) weekly menu (1) won (1) work (1) working from home (1)